WHAT IS ZINGA?
Zinga was originally invented in Ghent University, Belgium, in the 1970's and has since been used on thousands of projects throughout the world.
Zinga is a unique form of corrosion protection because it provides both Active
(Cathodic) and Passive protection in a form that’s as easy to apply as any primer or
Zinga is NOT Paint!
Zinga is an active zinc performance coating which works in conjunction with the
metal beneath whereas primers & paints are only passive barriers. Regardless of how thick paints are applied, they remain as barriers.
Once those barriers are breached by impact, scratching etc.. corrosion sets in immediately. Despite this significant difference, Zinga is still often mistaken for paint simply because it's liquid and comes in a tin.
But there are other more subtle differences. For example it does not “skin over” in
the tin because Zinga has an unlimited pot-life and it doesn’t go “tacky” like paint.
Key Features & Benefits
* Protects as long as hot-dip galvanising
* Can be applied on site
* Can be used to re-coat existing galvanising
* Existing layers of Zinga can be re-coated
* Unbeatable primer in Duplex system
* High resistance to mechanical abrasion
* Excellent adhesion
* Extremely flexible – coated steel can be
* Can be applied in extreme temperatures
* Weldable to X-ray quality
* Certified to not spread flame or create smoke (BS476 parts 6 &7)
* Unlimited shelf-life and unlimited pot-life